Colorado Sales Tax on Vacation Rental - John R. Dundon II, Enrolled Agent
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-8195,single-format-standard,bridge-core-3.0.1,qodef-qi--no-touch,qi-addons-for-elementor-1.5.3,qode-page-transition-enabled,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-content-sidebar-responsive,qode-theme-ver-28.7,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.9.0,vc_responsive,elementor-default,elementor-kit-269

Colorado Sales Tax on Vacation Rental

Colorado Sales Tax on Vacation Rental

If you rent a house or condominium to someone in Colorado for less than 30 days sales tax is owed on that rental. Not only that but in order to collect sales tax you must have a Colorado sales tax license. In addition to a license fee, Colorado sales tax license holders are required to pay a one-time $50 state sales tax deposit at the time they apply for the license.

There may be other tax liabilities, such as a county lodging tax or a local marketing district tax. For complete information on this topic and for information on the applicable tax forms, see Colorado Department of Revenue publication FYI Sales 11, “Sales Taxes Due on Unit Rentals of Hotels, Motels, Bed-and-Breakfasts, Condominiums, & Time-Shares.

For current sales tax rates and information on local lodging services taxes, see the Department Local Sales Tax Rates Search System.