Filing Season is Here – Be Safe – File an Extension Request Today

Tax day is upon us – remember to at least get you application for automatic extension request electronically filed or post marked today using IRS Form 4868

Keep in mind this extension request is for additional TIME TO FILE the income tax forms.  It is NOT a request for an extension of TIME TO PAY income taxes due.

Tax year 2016 income tax payments must be postmarked on or before April 18th 2017 to avoid penalization for late payment, unless you are experiencing a hardship.

Be sure to include estimated payments with your extension request.

If you or your spouse (when filing a joint return) are experiencing hardship you can file for an extension of time to pay as well using IRS Form 1127-A

If you are interested in addressing 2016 federal and/or state estimated income payments to submit with your extension request, please feel welcome to contact me.  My team and I will walk you through the steps, gratis.

We're also happy to electronically file extension requests for you as you see fit.  Simply contact us,

John R. Dundon, EA [720-234-1177,]
Enrolled with the United States Department of Treasury to Practice before the IRS (Enrolled Agent # 85353). Under contract with the IRS as a Certified Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Acceptance Agent. A Federally Authorized Tax Practitioner (USC 31 Section 330 + IRC 7525a.3.A) regulated under US Treasury Cir. 230.

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Extension

Leave a Reply

Subscribe via Email

Follow me on Twitter
QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisors Online

QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor - QuickBooks Online Advanced Certification

%d bloggers like this: