Hello, this is a little bit about me…
John R. Dundon
President, Taxpayer Advocacy Services, Inc.
Fellow, National Tax Practice Institute
IRS E-Services Provider
IRS Certifying Acceptance Agent
Resolver of Tax Disputes
Filer of Tax Returns
Writer & Speaker
Professional Focus – How I Can Help You
As a lifelong student of the US Tax Code, I am a problem solver and a protector of taxpayers’ rights. I lead a team of Enrolled Agents, Accountants, Bookkeepers, and Attorneys. Together we seek out and bring clarity to the U.S. Tax Code for all U.S. taxpayers.
As a Federally Authorized Tax Practitioner and a tax appeals specialist, I work for U.S. taxpayers everywhere to de-escalate stress and reconcile tax disputes for individual and business taxpayers.
Although I am not an attorney, my enrollment with the United States Department of Treasury under U.S. Treasury Circular 230 allows for confidential representation over most all civil tax matters.
I monitor federal and state taxing authorities and report on relevant tax topics in this well-subscribed tax blog using plain terms for general understanding – subscriptions are complimentary.
I have an established history of holding leadership roles in the following organizations:
National Association of Enrolled Agents
Colorado Society of Enrolled Agents
National Association of Tax Professionals
National Tax Practice Institute, Fellow, 2012
The University of Minnesota, Carlson School Of Management, MBA, 1992
Marquette University, Business Administration, BS, 1986
- I listen very carefully to each taxpayer encountered.
- I review, sign and file tax returns of all shapes and sizes.
- I read, write and speak in-depth about various tax topics.
- I am an IRS Examination/Collection/Appeals specialist.
- I unravel the most complicated of tax matters.
- I coach taxpayers that are subject to scrutiny by the taxing authorities.
- I negotiate reasonable settlements with the taxing authorities.
- I bring people to comply with their tax obligations.
- I am an IRS Certifying Individual Taxpayer Identification Number Acceptance Agent.
- I am an IRS Electronic Return Originator and E-Services provider.
- I am a Drake Tax Preparation Software Licensee 2004-present.
- I am an M.N. Supreme Court Alternative Dispute Resolution Neutral – Mediator #4093
- I have a practical living experience of the entire business life cycle from inception to dissolution.
- I assign tax-based tangible book value for small businesses, LLCs \’s, Sub-Chapter S corporations, and partnerships.
- I provide expert tax testimony.
- I have experience with tax law relevant to Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy.